Monday, August 19, 2013

Weddings

Wedding season I believe is coming to an end. I have been to my fair share of weddings the past couple of years. Some good, some not so good. I had fun for the most part, even did makeup for some weddings and helped out here and there. It's amazing how outrageously priced things can be just because it's for a wedding or any other special event for that matter. But weddings really can be overpriced.  Do we really need to buy that $6,000 dress? Or drop $10,000 just for the venue? Or spend $50 per plate for dinner?! I could find sooo many better things to do with all that money! But you all know me, the big ole couponer! 
But seriously, shop around to find the best deal to help your wallet. People can and will rip you off on many things in life. It's crazy how women get all caught up and frustrated over the tiniest things about the wedding. I do understand they want everything perfect but it's the real world and we are all human. It may not all be 100%. I do love me some Say Yes to the Dress marathons now and again but holy cow those ladies are crazy! 
I do not  want to not be in tons of debt after I get married someday. I have thought for such a long time about what I want and the more engagements, weddings, and babies that people are having, the simpler I want things to be. I've thought about big weddings but I couldn't handle all those people staring at me. Lol. 
I've thought destination wedding but what if people can't afford to go and it's the people near and dear to our hearts? In the end, I have a super neat and super simple idea that I shall keep secret til that day comes along, hoping it's before I am 30! *crosses fingers* 
But I am happy where I am in life. I have an amazing boyfriend who loves me for who I am and makes me happy. He has an amazing family who are loud and fun and love me as much as I love them-at least I hope!(:
We have are ups and downs, good times and bad. We've been together longer than some people that have been married and divorced. We have a solid relationship and things can only be more exciting with what the future may hold for us. 
So think about all the fancy things and then think about what would really make you happy. What makes your and your significant other different? Think about the budget and how you can do this or that DIY. Open up your mind about other options that most people do not do and maybe give it a try. It may be even better than what you'd think! 
Finally, remember to use a coupon and stack a sale with that to get all your wedding, birthday, anniversary, etc items on the cheap or for free! Who wants to have debt when they don't have to??!!

P.S. Remember to laugh at yourself! :) Or think of a T-Rex trying to make a bed!

--Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment