Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DIY iced coffee and coffee body scrub!

Earlier today I was making a big pot of coffee since I wanted to make a bunch so I'd have iced coffee in the morning for the next couple of days. It's super easy to do. Just brew the coffee, add your favorite creamer and sweetener if you prefer and then mix and put in fridge. Easy peasy. :)
Then I saw on Pinterest you can make your own coffee body scrub by using the coffee grounds. So my mixture was the leftover coffee grounds, sugar, and olive oil. You can add vanilla extract to get a vanilla scent in there which is a nice combo with the coffee smell. I've made this in the past and it works quite well plus the olive oil hydrates your skin which feels fabulous! I mix all the ingredients until its in a thick consistency, you won't need a lot of olive oil for this by the way. It is quite messy in the shower but it all rinses away no problem! So anyone that would like to give this a try and re-purpose their coffee grounds for a body scrub, let me know how it went for you! :)
Stay cool in this hot and humid weather!
--Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment