Thursday, January 2, 2014

Project Empties 2014

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday. We went to Anthony's Aunt's house for games and food. It was a fun night! :)
I have been working on ideas for Project Empties 2014. I love me some makeup but even with getting great deals and things for free it does start to become quite a stockpile! I have enough makeup, haircare, skincare, body washes, lotions, etc to last me at least 6 months to 1 year. So I decided why not work on finishing up those products instead of continuing to use new stuff and then leave it half empty sitting in the medicine cabinet. I have a box that I am using to toss my empties in to and I will share with you what I have used up. Every 3 months I will allow myself to go and get 1-2 items of my choice as a little incentive to keep using up my stockpile. This way if there's anything limited edition or any seasonal items I can still get it without ruining my Project Empties. But before I can go get those 1-2 items I have to have my empties box full. So if it's not full and it's at the 3 month mark then I can't get my items.
I think I will save a lot of money with this even more with couponing. It will help pay off some bills and put more money into my savings. Hopefully I can save up some money so I can take a trip to Las Vegas or Disney or someplace warm! :) We will see!
Now obviously if I do happen to run completely out of something then it is okay to purchase what I need. This is not depriving me of what I need. Just making myself think twice before purchasing something I want but can live without. :) I don't want to be without any of my hair products because it would be an absolute nightmare trying to brush my hair and style it! Eek!
I do have plans for a giveaway in the near future along with my Best of 2013 beauty and fashion favorites! Plus my December favorites soon to come as well! Share with me your resolutions! :)
Stay warm if you are in the snow! :)
--Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment