Thursday, November 7, 2013

Arm Knit Scarf

I really want to learn how to knit and crochet. I think it's so neat to make hats, scarves, mug warmers, etc. Plus it's a meaningful gift to give knowing that you put time and effort into the gift!
I decided to search YouTube for how to learn and came across arm knitting. Yep. Arm knitting. It's quite easy but if you have pets or kids you may want to get them out of your space since string is everywhere and you don't want to get tangled! :)
So far I've made two scarves and am in love with how warm, cozy, and chunky they are!
The video suggested to use super bulky #6 yarn, 2 things of yarn.
I used Wool Ease brand. It feels cozy and warm!

The trickiest part was starting the scarf!

I finally got the hang of it and was cruising along after that!

Scarf #1 done!
Took me about 2 and a half hours since I had to restart a few times due to my own errors! :)

Melissa and I made an afternoon of scarf making! Her first one and my second one! 

Scarf #2 done!
Took Melissa and I about 2 hours, with me helping her of course. I am sure once you really get the hang of it you can whip these out like nobody's business!
 Each scarf cost about $12 to make. Joanne's and Michael's always seem to have the yarn on sale! We made them infinity scarves but you can make it like a regular scarf as well! 
Let me know if you've made any neat things with arm knitting!

Check out my Etsy shop! Search for KozyKnitsByRandi and I can do custom orders and have select colors on hand! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment