Friday, March 7, 2014

Boycotting and other random things

So I have been boycotting shopping at Bath and Body Works. Which my wallet is happy but my love for candles is slowly suffering. They've raised their prices on their products yet again and that has made me decide to stop shopping there-at least until there is a super amazing deal or a semi annual sale.
So I recently ventured into The Body Shop and I love their Satsuma body butter so I had to go buy a full size of the mini I have. It's a delicious summery scent along with a slight floral scent mixed it. Yum. It is summer in a jar! :) I also picked up their mango body butter and their seaweed clay ionic face mask. They were buy 2 get 1 free. Plus I picked up their loyalty card to get 10% off for a year plus a birthday gift and when you get a certain amount of points you get freebies! :) Love that! Their prices are similar to Bath and Body Works, granted they do not have candles but they do have skincare. I am a fan for more natural skincare that actually works so I am excited to try out their skincare line as well! Go check out their body butters at the Body Shop especially since Bath and Body Work stopped selling theirs!
At my local Kirkland's I found some great smelling candles for pretty cheap so I cannot wait to try them to see how they hold up to my beloved BBW candles!
I've been trying to not purchase any makeup goodies but then end up picking up skincare stuff or a new purse. Lol. I just can't win. Thankfully, I have a bag full of empties for my Project Empties 2014. I just need to work on the no buy portion of that to get it to actually work completely.
I have a box full of makeup, skincare, and other various items that I am going to donate to the local women's shelter. I could try selling them online but I thought it'd be a better idea to donate them to women who might want/need them and what woman doesn't want to feel pretty, right?
My left ear has been plugged for 3 days, which is annoying. I am pretty sure it's my sinuses that are bugging me due to the changing weather since it's warming up. I tried the hydrogen peroxide on my ear to try to unclog it which worked someone and gave me some relief. Next, I am going to try the Neti pot since that works well to clear up your sinuses.
I notice that some people cannot handle change and end up throwing a fit and saying negative things about the change. I say just take a deep breath, go with the flow, and get over it. Not much we can do sometimes but see how things will play out.
I recently stumbled upon a recipe for Shamrock Shakes. It's so easy! Just vanilla ice cream, milk,  green food coloring, and mint extract. Not peppermint or spearmint, just MINT extract. It's seriously a fabulously similar shake! If you try it, let me know what you thing! You only need a few drops of food coloring and mint extract for it to work! :) Delish!
If you are in the markey for a Dooney and Bourke bag, head over to I Love Dooney on amazon.com They have tons of authentic Dooney's for a fraction of the price plus free shipping! I picked up a gorgeous bag for about 60% off! :) Much nicer on my wallet but still get the bag I fell in love with at Macy's for full price!
Recently, I picked up the Iphone 5c and I love it! I got it in pink and it's pretty much the most amazing phone ever! I have tons more storage than my old phone and it's so easy to use! It's pretty darn close to perfection in a cell phone. :)
Well, I have plans to post my Project Empties this weekend along with the Sunday coupons! So stay tuned and take care!
--Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment